The 10 Step Korean Skin Care Routine
Your skin care routine is your own, it's personal, so do what's best for your skin and focus less on the amount steps and more on which steps are right for your skin type, and choosing the best products to enhance the experience and giving you the best results.
Step 1: Make up remover + oil cleanser
- Aim for an oil cleanser or a balm cleanser to help take off all your make-up. Oil and balm make up removers are what really helps you take off the toughest make up products. Rub it all over your face, then use a splash of luke-warm water to emulsify the cleanser, massage again and then rinse it all off with water
Step 2: Waterbased cleanser
- Use a gentle face cleanser to wash off remaining residues from the oil cleanser
Step 3: Exfoliate
- Massage gently an exfoliant on your skin to smooth out your skin from impurities and dead skin cells. This process really helps soak in the magic of other facial products when you apply them next. Exfoliation doesn't need to happen every day, especially if you have sensitive skin, but your skin will definitely look more clear and polished if you do this at least twice a week.
Step 4: Toner
- This process dampens your skin and balances your skin's pH level. It helps lock in moisture, refreshes your skin. It helps close pores and tightens cell gaps, which shrinks the appearance of your pores. It refreshes your skin and adds a layer of protection.
Step 5: Essence
- The essential part of your skincare routine. You'll see the most results from using essence because it treats skin on the cellular level. It is a concentrated formula that targets wrinkles, fine lines, dull and uneven skin tones. Its goal is to revitalize your skin, with on-going use. The go-to for a more youthful look.
Step 6: Serums, Boosters or Treatments
- These products penetrate deep into your skin because it's made up of smaller molecules that absorb better that can deliver a very high concentration of active ingredients. This allows the product to better target specific areas or skincare concerns like wrinkles, large pores, acne, pigmentation and dull looking skin.
Step 7: Sheet Masks
- Put these bad boys on your face for 15-20 minutes, sit back and relax and let the mask do all the work. Super easy to apply, fun, and great at delivering results. Use at least once or twice a week or every day:)
Step 8: Eye Cream
- The skin around the eye is more fragile, more prone to dryness and quicker to show age and fatigue. Constant squinting and extra fluids around the eyes causes fine lines and wrinkles, puffiness and dark circles. An eye cream hydrates protects and helps with these issues. Use your finger and gently tap around the eye area.
Step 9: Moisturize
- Keeping your skin moisturized is a must and what can give you the dewy and glowy skin. This helps seal in moisture, plumps and smooths your skin. They also come in many forms, so finding the right one for your skin type is very important. Moisturizing can also help reduce the look of other skin blemishes as well. When your skin is experiencing extra dry moments, try using a sleeping pack or mask.
Step 10: SPF
- Protecting your skin from harmful UV rays is very important. This prevents you from sun damage, premature skin aging, and skin cancer.